Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Samsa with greens
- 1 kg or 7½ cups flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 60 g or ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 kg (4½ lb) mixed greens (clover, mint, coriander, etc.)
- 100 g (3 oz) mutton fat
- 2 bundles (6 oz) green onions
- 4 onions
- cumin, salt and pepper to taste
- For the filling, combine finely chopped greens with chopped onions, cubed fat, salt and spices.
- To make dough, add water and salt to sifted flour, let stand for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Cut dough into 50 g (1 – 2 oz) pieces and roll out each piece into small flat rounds.
- Place a spoonful of filling in the center, pinch edges closed around the filling, and form a ball.
- Bake 30 – 40 minutes.