Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lithuanian grated potato kugel
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp farina
- 1 can (large) evaporated milk
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 stick butter, melted
- salt to taste
- Peel and grate potatoes, into large bowl. (Do not drain).
- Dice Bacon and Onion, saute on low heat until bacon is done and onion is clear.
- Add melted butter. Mix.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To grated potatoes add 4 unbeaten eggs, bacon, onion and butter, evaporated milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well. Pour into lightly greased 13½ x 9½ inch pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 350°F and bake 1 hour or until browned.
- Cut in squares. Serve with sour cream.