Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Poe Estate in Justin, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 10 pounds red potatoes
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 eggs beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl grate peeled potatoes and set aside.
- Dice bacon and sauté with onion until bacon is slightly crispy.
- Drain most of drippings then add to potatoes and combine well.
- Stir in eggs and mix well then add seasonings.
- Add enough flour to bind and thicken mixture.
- Grease rectangular dish and pour in mixture then bake at 350°F for 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve with sour cream.