- 1 lbs flour
- 1/4 lbs butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar (confectioner's)
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1/4 cup dried Raisins, marinated in brandy
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large pot, mix together the milk, Sugar, and butter.
- Cook over low heat, just enough to let the butter melt.
- When the butter melts, transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Add the eggs, yeast, salt, Raisins, and flour - little by little.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the mixture until smooth. Let the *dough* rest for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (or 200 C). Arrange chopped almonds at the bottom of a greased *kugelhof* mold.
- (loaf pan or cake mold is ok - kugelhof mold is a round mold with a well in the middle)
- Add the dough, then bake in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes, until cooked.
- Check by inserting a knife in the middle. If it comes out clean, then the cake is cooked.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 1 hour.
- Remove from the mold, then dust with powdered sugar. Serve warm.