Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serves 12 – 14
- Cut bacon up fine and cook in large skillet.
- Chop onion and cook in same skillet, moving bacon to one side.
- Cook onion until yellow, do not brown.
- Set aside.
- Shred potatoes in food processor (hint: to keep potatoes from getting brown or dark, drain off liquid as you shred 2 or 3 potatoes and immediately soak the drained potatoes in the condensed milk).
- Beat the eggs and stir into the potato mixture.
- Add salt.
- Add bacon, onion, together with drippings.
- Stir well.
- Pour mixture into large casserole dish and bake for 1 hour at 350°F.
- Drippings will rise to top, but will form a crust on top and all around.
- After 1 hour, remove from oven.
- Serve with sour cream.
- Leftovers may be sliced and fried in butter.
- To make less, cut recipe in half.