Serves 12 – 14
- Cut bacon up fine and cook in large skillet.
- Chop onion and cook in same skillet, moving bacon to one side.
- Cook onion until yellow, do not brown.
- Set aside.
- Shred potatoes in food processor (hint: to keep potatoes from getting brown or dark, drain off liquid as you shred 2 or 3 potatoes and immediately soak the drained potatoes in the condensed milk).
- Beat the eggs and stir into the potato mixture.
- Add salt.
- Add bacon, onion, together with drippings.
- Stir well.
- Pour mixture into large casserole dish and bake for 1 hour at 350°F.
- Drippings will rise to top, but will form a crust on top and all around.
- After 1 hour, remove from oven.
- Serve with sour cream.
- Leftovers may be sliced and fried in butter.
- To make less, cut recipe in half.