Pork blood sausage
- 1 medium pork head
- 1 veal lung
- 2 cups bacon, grained and melted
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons marjoram
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 40 dag cooked rice
- 2 liters pork blood
- 1 kg pork or beef casings
- Clean casings well and soak in cold water. Place the head in pot of salted water and cook until meat falls from the bones. Cook the Veal lung separately.
- Remove all meat from head and put through food chopper with cooked lung. Add salt, pepper, spices and cooked rice.
- Mix and set aside to cool. When cool, add blood and mix well. Remove casings from water, fill with meat and blood mixture, tie ends and bring together to form a ring.
- Drop sausages in boiling water and simmer for about 10 minutes (do not boil). Remove from water and cool.
- Store in refrigerator. When ready to use, place in skillet with a little fat and either bake or pan fry for from 35 to 45 minutes covered.
- Prick with toothpick several times.
- The remaining water could be used as blood soup named godla. Add cooked rice.