Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Slovenian blood sausage
- 1 medium pork head
- 1 veal lung
- 2 cups bacon, grained and melted
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons marjoram
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 40 dag cooked rice
- 2 liters pork blood
- 1 kg pork or beef casings
- Clean casings well and soak in cold water. Place the head in pot of salted water and cook until meat falls from the bones. Cook the Veal lung separately.
- Remove all meat from head and put through food chopper with cooked lung. Add salt, pepper, spices and cooked rice.
- Mix and set aside to cool. When cool, add blood and mix well. Remove casings from water, fill with meat and blood mixture, tie ends and bring together to form a ring.
- Drop sausages in boiling water and simmer for about 10 minutes (do not boil). Remove from water and cool.
- Store in refrigerator. When ready to use, place in skillet with a little fat and either bake or pan fry for from 35 to 45 minutes covered.
- Prick with toothpick several times.
- The remaining water could be used as blood soup named godla. Add cooked rice.