Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lithuanian Honey Liqueur
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 whole allspice
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 2 sticks vanilla
- 2 pieces yellow ginger
- 2 pieces white ginger
- 10 cardamom seeds
- ½ nutmeg
- 3 strips orange rind
- 3 strips lemon rind
- 1 pinch saffron
- 4 cups water
- 2 lbs honey
- 1 quart grain alcohol
- Crack cardamon seeds and nutmeg.
- Boil spices, rind and water in a covered pot until liquid is reduced to about 2 cups.
- In a pot large enough to hold the spiced liquid, alcohol and honey, bring honey to a boil.
- Skim off the foam.
- Pour spiced liquid into honey and stir.
- Remove from heat.
- Place far away from heat to prevent flare-up or expolsion of alcohol.
- Slowly, and very carefully, pour in alcohol.
- Replace pot on low heat.
- Heat, being careful not to simmer or boil, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool in the same covered pot overnight.
- Following day, pour into bottles and allow to settle (about 2 weeks).
- The longer it sits, the clearer it becomes and the better it tastes.