Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Almond wreath cake
- Serves 6
- 250 g finely ground blanched almonds
- 250 g unblanched almonds
- 500 g sifted confectioner's sugar
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine almonds and confectioner's sugar in a large saucepan.
- Add the unbeaten egg white and mix.
- Place the pan over low heat and knead.
- Grease the ring pans for a 16 – 18 ring cake.
- Spoon the dough into a cookie press with a wide round tip.
- Press the dough into the rings.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then remove from the pans and cool completely.
- For the icing, sift the confectioner's sugar and combine with egg white to make a thick icing.
- Make a small cone of paper and cut off the tip.
- Pipe on garlands of icing and stack.
- Decorate with flags, bonbons or candy.