Kpwem (feuilles de manioc) is usually served with Baton de Manioc, but could also be served with boiled rice, yams, or plantains.
- Crush the cassava leaves (or other substituted greens) with a mortar and pestle, or mash them with the bottom of a sturdy bottle in a heavy bowl.
- In a large cooking pot, bring the water to a low boil.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger root, and salt.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the crushed greens and cook, bring to a boil, and cook for ten minutes more.
- Add the canned palm soup base (or palm nut pulp), and stir until smooth.
- Reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes.
- Add the peanut butter, stir.
- Continue to simmer until greens are cooked to your liking.
- Serve hot.