Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stuffed vine leaves
- 30 fresh or tinned vine leaves
- ¼ kilo of minced pork
- ¼ kilo of minced beef
- 2 tbsp of finely cut parsley
- 2 tbsp finely cut onion
- 1 tsp dry mint
- ¼ cup of rice
- 2 cups of ripe, peeled tomatoes, finely cut
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of hot meat broth or water
- ¼ cup of corn oil
- Wash the vine leaves, boil in salted boiling water for 5 minutes and drain.
- In a saucepan heat the corn oil, fried the half of the tomatoes until soft and remove saucepan from heat.
- Mix the rest of tomatoes with the stuffing ingredients, knead well and leave for 15 minutes, to rest.
- Place a vine leaf on a surface.
- Take a teaspoon of stuffing, place it on leave near the steam, fold the two edges and roll it firmly, into a tubular shape.
- Arrange rolls or “koupepia” in rows in the saucepan on the fried tomatoes and on top place a heavy soup plate.
- Pour enough hot water or broth to cover the plate and simmer “koupepia” for one hour until juice is absorbed.
- Serve “koupepia” hot or cold with fresh vegetables.