Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stuffed grape leaves or dolmas
- 50 grape leaves
- 500g (18 oz) mutton or beef
- 500g onions
- 50g (2 oz) butter
- spices to taste
- Put the meat through a meat-grinder and combine well with sliced onions, salt, red and black pepper.
- Rinse off the young grape leaves in cold water and place flattened on the work surface.
- Put a small amount of the meat filling in each leaf and secure roll with thread.
- Place dolmas, weighted, in tight rows in a large pot, add water, butter, and spices.
- Cook on low heat 25 minutes.
- Serve 8 – 10 dolmas on a plate and pour broth over the top.