Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Small almond cakes
- 700 g (1 lb 9 oz) butter
- 300 g (1¼ cups) olive oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 yolks and 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tbsp cognac
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 700 g (1 lb 9oz) blanched and ground almonds
- 1200 g (nearly 10 cups) flour
- 4 cups of icing sugar (caster sugar) in a bowl for coating.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and the oil with the sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, soda diluted in the cognac, cinnamon and the almonds.
- Gradually combine the flour with the mixture and knead thoroughly until the it forms a dough.
- Take pieces of dough and form balls the size of a walnut.
- Arrange on prepared baking tray and bake for 15 - 20 minutes in a preheated oven 180°C / 350°F /gas 4.
- When they are slightly cool, cover them completely with icing sugar.
- Must be thickly coated.
- Arrange on platter.