Baked Rabbit with Mushrooms
- 1 rabbit, around 1,5 kg, cut in servings
- 1 cup mushrooms, washed and cut in medium size pieces
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 spoons olive oil
- 2 spoons flour
- 1,5 glass fresh - lukewarm milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Marinate the rabbit pieces and the mushrooms in olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper and put in fridge for an hour.
- Place them in a baking pan and bake in 180°C for 40 – 50 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce as follows: heat olive oil and add flour.
- Pour gradually the milk and stir constantly until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Do not let the sauce get to thick.
- When it starts to thicken remove from heat and add salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
- When the rabbit gets ready serve in plates together with mushrooms and pour over spoons of sauce.