Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Clean the chicken well and remove any unnecessary giblets.
- Put it in a deep pan, add as much water is needed to cover it and boil it.
- When it starts boiling skim the fat off the soup and add the onions (chopped) and the olive oil.
- Leave the chicken to boil for an hour.
- Check that the chicken is coming apart easily.
- If not, boil it for more minutes (the boiling hour depends on how fresh the chicken is).
- Remove the chicken from the deep pan and put it on a plate.
- Boil the rice on the water you used to boil the chicken.
- While the soup is boiling, remove all the bones from the chicken.
- Add the clean parts of the chicken on the soup, salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup when the rice is ready.
- Chicken soup can also be served with egg and lemon sauce (avgolemono).