- 1 kg potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 50 g plain flour
- 50 g onion
- 25 g butter
- salt and pepper
- 50 g dried breadcrumbs
- butter/oil for frying
- Peel and slice the potatoes and boil until soft.
- Mash thoroughly and leave to cool.
- Mix in eggs and flour.
- Dice the onion, fry in the butter until lightly browned and mix with the potatoes.
- Mash all again very thoroughly and season.
- Form the dough into a roll about 5 cm thick and cut diagonally into 3 cm pieces.
- Form into cutlets, coat with breadcrumbs and fry on both sides in hot butter/oil until golden brown.