Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1 cup gram flour
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp chilli-ginger paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- oil for shallow frying
- 1¾ cup water
- Put oil, onions and garlic into a casserole dish and sauté in a microwave oven on high, covered, for 2 minutes or heat oil and add onions and garlic and sauté till a light brown.
- Mix gram flour and water together to make an even batter.
- Pour it into the casserole dish and cook on medium-high, for 4 minutes, without lid.
- Stir once.
- Or cook over medium heat stirring all the time till mixture thickens (a little bit cooled on a surface, should set).
- Mix the remaining ingredients and cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir once.
- Or cook over high heat stirring all the time till setting consistency is reached again.
- Remove mixture onto a tray and spread into a ½" thick rectangle.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into square pieces.
- Shallow fry the square pieces until golden brown.
- Use a little oil on a non-stick griddle.