Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- one pound Lentils (brown or black)
- one to two cups rice
- one to two cups elbow macaroni (or similar Pasta)
- one cup vegetable oil (evenly divided into two portions)
- one clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- one hot chile pepper, cleaned and chopped (optional)
- three or four ripe tomatoes, chopped ; or one large can crushed tomatoes
- one-half cup water
- two tablespoons vinegar
- salt (to taste)
- one Onion, chopped or cut in rings
- Cook the Lentils in vegetable stock instead of water.
- Add a spoonful of cumin to the tomato sauce.
- Add a layer of cooked garbanzo beans (Chickpeas)
- Assemble the dish in one large serving dish, instead of individual soup bowls.
- Cook the Lentils, rice, and macaroni together in one large pot, adding them in order such that they are all done at the same time.
- This recipie is spoiled due to editing - too many cooks spoil the broth? no Kosheri .. Prem