Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Bengali, East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Mutton (Or Chicken) - 700 gms
- Onion Sliced - 125 gms
- clove - 6 nos
- cardamom (small) - 5 nos
- cardamom (big) - 4 nos
- cinnamon - 2 sticks
- Red chilli Paste - 2 tsp
- turmeric Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Roasted cummin Powder - 1 1/2
- Curd - 60 gms
- salt - to taste
- mustard oil - 120 ml
- ginger garlic Paste - 30 gms
- Cut the mutton into small pieces and set aside.
- Take oil in a handle and add the whole spices. When they crackle, add sliced onions and cook till soft. Add ginger garlic paste.
- Stir for 3 minutes and add red chilli paste and turmeric powder. Add the mutton pieces and bhunno well till oil leaves the masala. Add beaten curd, roasted cummin powder and salt. Bhunno for about 15 minutes till the Onion seems to blend into the masala.
- Cover with a lid and dum for 20 minutes on a tawa (indirect heat). Check for tenderness of meat.
- Serve hot. (Note that no water is used.)