- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 apples, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced.
- 4-5 medium potatoes, boiled and sliced,with or without jackets
- Crumble sausage into large heavy skillet and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Pour off all except 2 tablespoons of the pan drippings.
- Cook the onions in the drippings until golden brown and transparent.
- Add the apple slices and cook until tender.
- In a buttered 2 quart casserole, arrange layers of potatoes, sausage, and onion-apple mixture.
- Bake in a moderate 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over rice or pasta