Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Finnish cinnamon rolls
- 25 g yeast
- 75 g butter or margarine
- 300 ml milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 50 ml sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 750 ml all-purpose flour
For brushing Edit
- 1 egg, beaten for brushing
- Crumble yeast into a bowl.
- Melt butter, add milk and gently heat the mixture to 37°C.
- Pour over yeast and mix until yeast has dissolved.
- Add salt, sugar, cardamom and stir; add about 200 ml of the flour and stir.
- Add the rest of the flour and knead dough by hand until smooth and elastic, and it no longer sticks to the bowl (this shouldn't take long) nor to your hand (which takes a bit longer).
- Sprinkle some flour on top and cover: let rise for 30 minutes.
- Mix the filling ingredients together.
- Lightly flour the baking board and turn the dough on it.
- Roll dough out to a 40 x 60 cm square.
- Spread the filling on the dough and roll it up tightly, starting from the longer side of the square.
- Cut the roll in 3–4 cm pieces.
- "open" the pieces by pressing the centre of each piece with a handle of a knife so that the centre is pressed down and the sides spread.
- Place rolls on a parchmented baking sheet, cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Brush the rolls with beaten egg.
- Bake at 225°C for about 10 minutes.
- Cover the rolls while cooling.