Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/2 lb Lean stewing Beef or Lamb
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 lrg Onion, finely chopped
- 2 x garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Hot chili pepper (or more)
- 3 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbl coriander leaves, chopped (more if desired)
- Cut meat into 3/4' cubes.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan, add Onion and fry gently until transparent. Increase heat, add garlic and meat cubes and fry, stirring often, until juices evaporate and meat begins to brown.
- Add water, salt and pepper to taste, chili pepper, and cumin. Bring to a slow simmer and reduce heat. Cover pan and simmer gently for 1-1 1/2 hours until meat is tender. Time depends on cut of meat used.
- Add spinach and coriander and cook for further 10–15 minutes.
- Mound chalau on a platter and spoon some of the sauce on top. Serve remainder in a separate bowl. Note1: 1/4 c. yellow split Peas (daul nakhud) can be substituted for the spinach. This dish is then called Korma and the split Peas are added at step 3.