Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook time: 10 mins
Serves: depends on packet, mostly 50 wontons.
Yummy tofu and chicken wontons great for a quick dinner although the wontons must be made earlier as they take a while.
- 500 grams chicken mince
- 1 small block firm tofu
- 1 packet wonton wrappers
- 2 spring onions - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon - grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Take wonton wrappers out of the fridge while you prepare the filling. if they are too cold they are harder to wrap.
- mash tofu through chicken until well combined. add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- using your finger wipe a little water around the edge of the wrapper.
- 1 teaspon of the mix into the middle of the wrapper.
- fold the wrapper in half sealing the edges
- you can leave it in the ½ moon shaper of fold it again into the tortellini shape.
- place each wonton (not touching each other) on a plastic tray of plate.
- place wontons in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until frozen then the can be packaged together.
- use in soup, steam of deep fry.