- This recipe is for 4 servings.
- Preparation: 25 minutes.
- ½ lb fresh spinach
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt (2 to 3)
- pepper, to taste
- 4 cups water
- Wash the spinach thoroughly, then trim off the thick stems.
- Heat the sesame oil in a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Brown the ground beef, separating while stir-frying.
- Add the green onion, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the water, then the spinach.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the flame.
- Place a tight-fitting lid on the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.