Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
She geum chi Namul (Seasoned Spinach)
In Korea, every restaurant serves this as a side dish because its so easy to make -- and cheap. What spinach you don't use for the side dish can be saved and served as a cold midnight snack with mayonaisse. While growing up in Hawaii, I would kill any leftover spinach.
- 1 bunch spinach (she geum chi)
- 1 tb soy sauce
- 1 tb sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt to taste
- Wash spinach very thoroughly.
- Bring pot of water to boil.
- Blanch the spinach by putting it in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Remove and rinse in cold running water. Squeeze out excess water.
- Chop spinach coarsely and place in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix by hand. Taste and add salt if needed.