Soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar make the most wonderful salad dressing with a distinctly Asian flair. Use on any crunchy oriental salad (lettuce, red cabbage, shredded carrots, bean sprouts, radishes, etc.), or any salad period. Particularly tasty on cooked asparagus and spinach too. It's important to use a mild vinegar (such as rice).
- This recipe is for 8 servings.
- Preparation: 5 minutes.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (1 – 2 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or equivalent sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, crushed (optional)
- Combine dressing ingredients and whisk together well, or put in jar with lid and shake well.
- Store unused portion in refrigerator.