Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cabbage soup with pork and mushrooms
- 1 lb pork steak
- 2 quarts water
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 large onion, sliced or chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- salt to taste
- Cut pork into 4 pieces.
- Place in large soup kettle. Cover with at least 2 quarts water.
- Heat to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for several hours until meat is tender. Remove scum.
- Drain sauerkraut, reserving juice.
- Add cabbage, sauerkraut, onion, and garlic. Season to taste.
- Cover and bring to a boil again, then reduce to a simmer for 1 hour.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender; remove meat.
- Stir in more sauerkraut juice, if needed, to make soup more sour. (If juice is added, continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes).
- Cut meat into slices and serve with soup.