Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit kompot with spirits
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb mixed dried fruit (pears, figs, apricots and peaches)
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup pitted sweet cherries
- 2 apples, peeled, sliced
- ½ cup cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 6 cloves, whole
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange
- ½ cup grapes, pomegranate seeds or pitted plums
- ¾ cup brandy
- Combine water, mixed dry fruits, prunes, and raisins in a pot large enough to hold all the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, cover and then simmer for about 20 minutes (or until the fruit is plump and tender).
- Add cherries, apples, and cranberries.
- Stir in sugar, lemon, and spices.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Grate orange peel and set aside.
- Peel and section the orange (removing the skin and white membrane).
- Add to fruits in kettle.
- Stir in grapes and brandy.
- Bring just to boiling and then remove from heat.
- Stir in the orange peel, cover and let stand 15 minutes.