- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Mix turmeric, chilli powder, garlic paste, salt and lemon juice into the yoghurt and marinate fish in it for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil, add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper and onions. Sauté till onions are soft. Add coconut and sauté till a light brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook till access water dries. Blend the whole mixture in a blender.
- Heat the rest of the oil and add the fish. Stir fry over high heat till opaque. Add the ground paste and simmer over low heat till fish is cooked through. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.