Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1 kg chicken
- ⅔ cup yogurt
- 2 tsp grated coconut
- 1 large cut tomato
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- 2 tsp red chile
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp corn or peanut oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pieces cinnamon
- 6 cloves
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Mix turmeric powder, red chiles, garlic paste, salt and lime juice with curd.
- The marinade is ready.
- Add the cut chicken pieces to the marinade and leave aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, crushed black pepper and chopped onions.
- Sauté till onions turn translucent.
- Add grated coconut.
- Sauté till coconut color changes.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Cool and puree the mix in a blender.
- The kolhapur masala is ready.
- Heat oil and add the marinated chicken to the pan.
- Cook for 25 minutes on low fire.
- Stir regularly.
- Add paste and simmer on low flame for five minutes.
- Kolhapur chicken is ready.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.