- Bring soup or water to cook in a large pan.
- Add the onion, tomatoes, tomato purée, chile powder and salt to soup.
- Them lower the heat, cover and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and the butter to the boiling soup and brings back to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cook the rice 20 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Scoop the coconut into the cooked rice, add coconut milk and mix everything thoroughly.
- Lower the heat as much as possible and continue stirring until the dish is warmed through (approx. 5 minutes).