- 6 pieces chicken
- 100 g fresh, peeled shrimp
- salt to taste
- pinch thyme
- 1 onion, in rings
- 1½ dl oil
- 1 large coconut
- 4 large, ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp of tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 50 g butter
- 500 g rice
- Take the chicken and cook with the shrimp, salt, a pinch of thyme and a couple onion rings.
- Take the cooked chicken and shrimp from water and place them in hot oil in a wafer pan.
- Add the coconut milk to the soup and then the remaining ingredients, except the rice.
- Bring whole thing slowly to cook and let it simmer 20 minutes.
- Make the rice and cook gently until all the broth has boiled off.
- Serve on a platter and garnish it with the chicken and the shrimp.
- To get the milk from the coconut, break the coconut.
- Then once the coconut is broken, cut the flesh, put it in a bowl and cover it with water with a washing, rubbing movement, then squeeze out the juice from the coconut.
- Screen the milky water and until it becomes clear like it first came from the coconut.
- Coconut oil for the hair is a particularly old African beauty product.
- In the kitchen this oil has an aroma which does make one's mouth water.