- peanut oil or any cooking oil
- one Onion, chopped
- one pound Beef stew meat, cut into cubes
- four cups water
- one cup Peanut paste or unsweetened Peanut butter
- salt, to taste
- three to four pounds of koko or any other sort of greens; cleaned, stems removed, and cut into very thin strips
- Heat the oil in a large pot or dutch oven.
- Stir-fry the onions for a few minutes, until they become translucent.
- Add the meat to the pot and cook it, stirring frequently, until is well browned and near done.
- Pour the water over the meat and onions and bring to a boil.
- Boil, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is cooked into a thin sauce.
- Reduce heat.
- Stir in the Peanut paste (or Peanut butter), and salt.
- Stir until smooth. Add the koko greens.
- Simmer over low heat until the greens are tender.