Also known as Koko a la viande (Koko with meat), this is a greens and Peanut dish popular in Cameroon and all over central Africa
- 4 pounds of Koko, cleaned, stems removed, and cut into very thin strips
- peanut oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 pound Beef stew meat, cut into cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup Peanut paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot and stir-fry the onions for a few minutes, until they become tender.
- Add the meat to the pot and cook it, stirring frequently, until done.
- Pour the water over the meat and onions and bring to the boil. Stir occasionally until the liquid is cooked into a thin sauce.
- Reduce heat. Stir in the Peanut paste and seasoning until smooth.
- Add the koko and cover.
- Simmer over low heat until the greens are tender.