Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Also known as Koko a la viande (Koko with meat), this is a greens and Peanut dish popular in Cameroon and all over central Africa
- 4 pounds of Koko, cleaned, stems removed, and cut into very thin strips
- peanut oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 pound Beef stew meat, cut into cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup Peanut paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot and stir-fry the onions for a few minutes, until they become tender.
- Add the meat to the pot and cook it, stirring frequently, until done.
- Pour the water over the meat and onions and bring to the boil. Stir occasionally until the liquid is cooked into a thin sauce.
- Reduce heat. Stir in the Peanut paste and seasoning until smooth.
- Add the koko and cover.
- Simmer over low heat until the greens are tender.