- 1 egg beaten
- 2/3 cup of soft bread crumbs
- ¾ cup of grated Onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 450 gms ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups beef stock
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients except Beef, cornstarch and stock.
- Once the mixture is prepared, add the Beef and mix well. Shape into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- In a pan heat, brown meatballs and then drain. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Combine the cornstarch and the stock until smooth and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Boil for 2 minutes, or until thickened. Pour over the meatballs.
- Bake uncovered at 170 C for 50–60 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Makes 30