Ingredients very similar to the Greek loukoumades Edit
- Coating: 1 and ½ lb sugar 1 pint water.
- Mix the yeast with a little sugar, then add the mixed dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs and add to the mixture.
- Knead all together and leave to stand for 1 hour.
- Roll out and cut into rectangles.
- Cut 2 slits down the length (1/4 inch from top)
- Plait 3 strips and press ends firmly into each other
- Fry in deep fat.
- When cooked, DIP into a syrup (don't leave in syrup) made from the 1 and ½ lb sugar and water boiled together with a little more cinnamon for taste.