Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ingredients very similar to the Greek loukoumades Edit
- Coating: 1 and ½ lb sugar 1 pint water.
- Mix the yeast with a little sugar, then add the mixed dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs and add to the mixture.
- Knead all together and leave to stand for 1 hour.
- Roll out and cut into rectangles.
- Cut 2 slits down the length (1/4 inch from top)
- Plait 3 strips and press ends firmly into each other
- Fry in deep fat.
- When cooked, DIP into a syrup (don't leave in syrup) made from the 1 and ½ lb sugar and water boiled together with a little more cinnamon for taste.