Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cunningham Estate in Seven Points, Texas in 1999.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pack active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¾ cup milk at room temperature
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- melted butter for glaze
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl of electric mixer dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in water then let stand until foamy then add 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, milk, butter and 1½-cups flour then beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Clean and grease bowl.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic then place bowl in greased bowl turning to coat all sides.
- Cover with a slightly damp towel and let rise in a warm place free from drafts until double in bulk then punch down dough and cut into 24 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 12 inch long rope and tie each rope into a loose knot and place 2 inches apart on 2 large greased cookie sheets.
- Let rise then brush with melted butter and bake 15 minutes.