Potato dumplings with plums
- 1 kg potato
- 2 small cups oil
- 2 eggs
- 15 – 20 tbsp wheat groats
- 15 – 20 tbsp (or more) flour
- breadcrumbs (as much as you need) for later usage
- some sugar
- about 20 medium plums
- Cook whole potatoes without peeling.
- When they are done, let them cool and then peel and mash.
- Add wheat groats, oil, flour and eggs.
- Knead well – it should be hard, not sticky.
- Fry bread crumbs in a pan (without oil!) until golden and set aside.
- Mix with sugar.
- Boil water in shallow and wide pot.
- Take little dough and place around plum to make a little ball.
- Put them in boiling water – they are done when they start floating.
- Take them out with latticed spoon and roll them into mixed bread crumbs and sugar.