Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit and Vegetable Recipes I by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 18 to 24
- 1 x 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon grated lime peel
- tart shells (see recipe below)
- 3 or 4 kiwifruit, pared and sliced
- ⅓ to ½ cup apple jelly, melted (optional)
- In small bowl of electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, lime juice, and peel until very light and fluffy.
- Spoon or pipe about 1 tablespoon of mixture into each tart shell, refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, top each with one slice of kiwifruit.
- Drizzle with about 1 teaspoon melted apple jelly.
- Return to refrigerator.
- Prepare pastry according to favorite recipe for 2 crust (9-inch) pie.
- For each shell press about 1 tablespoon dough into 2-inch fluted tart shell pans. Prick bottoms of shells.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool. Remove from pans.
- Filling may become runny if left for any length of time with the kiwifruit. Add kiwifruit only when ready to serve.