Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit & Vegetable Recipes I by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe Yields 1 loaf.
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, packed
- ½ cup soft margarine
- 2 eggs
- 4 [kiwi]]fruit
- ½ cup red candied cherries, halved
- 2¼ cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Beat sugar and margarine together; blend in eggs.
- Peel and dice kiwifruit.
- Cook diced kiwifruit in small amount of water until heated thoroughly.
- Add enough water to make 1¼ cups fruit and cool.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Stir kiwifruit and cherries into sugar mixture.
- Blend dry ingredients into kiwifruit mixture.
- Pour batter into well-oiled and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour or until bread test done.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes; then invert onto wire rack.
- Slice thin when serving.