Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There are many versions of the cracked Wheat salad enjoyed all over the world. This is the Turkish way. If you have cucumbers, fresh tomato and fresh green onions at home, you are half way there. Let's get you some cracked Wheat which is whole Wheat cracked two or three times - so you are looking for a finely grounded Wheat. The other main ingredient is red pepper paste.
- 3 cups of cracked wheat
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 bunch green onion
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp pomegranate juice or 1 lemon
- ½ tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp red pepper paste or tomato paste
- 8-10 leaves of romaine lettuce
- 5-6 kalamata to garnish
- Soak cracked wheat in 6 cups of hot water for 30 minutes.
- Cut cucumber and tomato in to small cubes and chop green onion in thin slices and add parsley to it and mix them well.
- Drain the wheat add the paste, salt, cumin, lemon and olive oil and mix well.
- Then add all the veggies and mix well.
- Serve it at room temperature.
- You may serve it with romaine lettuce.
- The guests can serve themselves by filling a romaine lettuce with tabouleh.
- Garnish it with kalamata.