Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pork and "kimchi" casserole ("kimchichigue") is a kind of soup but more saltier than general soup. If the taste is saltier and contains less water, we call it "chigue". It is made with Chineses cabbage and Pork. The taste of it is hot and spicy. Usually Korean eat the soup in main dishes.
- ½ lb boneless pork chop
- 14 oz Chinese cabbage "kimchi"
- 3 cups of water
- 12 oz tofu
- 2 green onions
- 4 dried mushrooms, soaked in water
- 3 tbsp salad oil
- Slice pork into bite size and cut "kimchi" into that size too.
- In a pan over medium heat, in hot oil, cook and stir pork.
- When meat is nearly done, stir drained "kimchi".
- Reserve the "kimchi" liquid.
- Stir in the liquid and continue to cook.
- Add water, bring to a boil, and remove from heat.
- Add cut-up tofu, mushrooms, and green onion.