Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These taste remarkably like bran muffins, but with a lighter texture. Mine had pointy peaks on them, so they look a little funny, but they taste fine. They sliced nicely even when still hot from the oven. They freeze quite well. I thawed one and reheated it very briefly in the microwave and it was perhaps a bit spongier, but still good.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Can be frozen
- Makes 12 muffins
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup sugar-free syrup, such as Da Vinci or Torani
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup flax meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (the amount is correct)
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
- With a fork or spoon, beat in oil, syrup, water and vanilla.
- In small bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients, then stir into egg mixture.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups (without papers).
- Bake at 350°F for 12 – 15 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and seem set to the touch.
- Remove from tin at once to cooling rack.
- Store in refrigerator.
Nutritional information Edit
- 85 Calories | 7g Fat | 4g Protein | 4g Carbohydrate | 3g Dietary Fiber | 1g Net Carbs