These taste remarkably like bran muffins, but with a lighter texture. Mine had pointy peaks on them, so they look a little funny, but they taste fine. They sliced nicely even when still hot from the oven. They freeze quite well. I thawed one and reheated it very briefly in the microwave and it was perhaps a bit spongier, but still good.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Can be frozen
- Makes 12 muffins
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup sugar-free syrup, such as Da Vinci or Torani
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup flax meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (the amount is correct)
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
- With a fork or spoon, beat in oil, syrup, water and vanilla.
- In small bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients, then stir into egg mixture.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups (without papers).
- Bake at 350°F for 12 – 15 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and seem set to the touch.
- Remove from tin at once to cooling rack.
- Store in refrigerator.
Nutritional information Edit
- 85 Calories | 7g Fat | 4g Protein | 4g Carbohydrate | 3g Dietary Fiber | 1g Net Carbs