- Put sifted flour into large mixing bowl.
- Mix in yeast.
- Cut in margarine with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg yolks and sour cream; mix well.
- Form into a ball.
- On lightly floured board, knead until smooth, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 3 equal parts.
- Wrap in wax paper.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- On a board sprinkled with confectioners' Sugar, roll each part of dough into an 8-inch circle; cut # each into 8 pie-shape wedges.
- Fill wide end of each wedge with 1 tablespoon walnut filling.
- Roll up from wide end to point.
- Place on greased baking sheet, curving ends to form crescent shape.
- Bake at 375 degrees F about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Dust with confectioners' Sugar. Makes 2 dozen cookies.
- Combine walnuts, Sugar and vanilla extract.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Makes enough filling for 2 dozen cookies