- 1 lb. fully cooked Kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch coins (slices)
- 2 c. beer
- 2 c. shredded sharp natural Cheddar Cheese (8 oz.)
- 2 c. shredded natural Swiss cheese (8 oz.)
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp. kirschwasser Liquor, if desired
Heat Kielbasa in 1/2 cup beer to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Drain.
Mix the flour, mustard and black pepper and dredge the cheeses until well coated. Cut the garlic and rub the bottom and sides of a 2-quart heavy saucepan or skillet. Pour in the remaining beer and place over low heat until bubbles rise to the surface. Add the Cheese, ONE CUP AT A TIME. Slowly stir. Each cup must melt before adding the next cup. When mixture is smooth, add the kirschwasser and black pepper and mix.
Pour mixture into your fondue pot. Keep warm over low heat. Spear the Kielbasa with long-handled forks; dip and swirl in the Cheese mixture. If the Cheese mixture becomes too thick, add heated beer until thinned enough to dip. Other good "dippers" are: Rye toast, bread sticks, or Triscuits.