Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The grown-up version of Hot Dog Soup.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage (about ½ small head)
- 2 small turnips, peeled and cut into 1 cubes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced sodium chicken broth plus 2 cans water
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granular sugar substitute
- ¾ pound fully cooked smoked sausage, such as kielbasa
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in large sauce pot over medium heat.
- Cook onion 5 minutes until softened.
- Add cabbage, turnips, broth, water, bay leaf, caraway seeds, salt, and sugar substitute.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, partially covered 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Cut sausage in ½" slices.
- Cook 2 – 3 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Stir sausage slices and vinegar into soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.