In Romanian: Mincare de rinichi
- 1 beef or 2 veal or pork kidneys
- 3 onions
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon flour
- 2 – 3 tablespoons wine
- 1 cup meat broth or water
- Remove the outer membranes from the kidney, split in half lengthwise, remove all fatty tissues inside, slice thinly and set to boil starting with cold water.
- After coming to a boil, drain and wash well with tepid water.
- Finely chop the onion, fry in lard until yellowish, add flour, let it fry a little, then add meat broth or water.
- Add tomato sauce, paprika, wine, salt and pepper. Let boil until the kidneys are done.