Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is from the Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook but I have used it and children like it very much. This one includes bananas but you could substitute orange juice for the bananas plus a bit of brown sugar.
- 8 cups peeled diced sweet potatoes
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¾ stick unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- salt to taste
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Place the sweet potatoes in a saucepan and cook until very tender.
- Puree the bananas and add the hot sweet potatoes, nutmeg, brown sugar, 4 tbsp of butter, and salt and process to blend.
- Melt the remaining 2t of butter in a small skillet and brown the almonds.
- Add almonds to the top of the purée.