Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Also called Mawa. It is made from milk by boiling it (and continuously stirring it so that it doesn't stick) till it becomes a thick paste. It is not condensed milk as it is not a uniform thick fluid but a paste with lots of soft granules.
The milk will not become a thick paste if it does not contain enough fat, instead it will become a solid mass. The ideal milk for this comes from a Buffalo. For Cow's milk add a little cream around 10% by volume.
Khoya can be made several ways using plain Milk powder, ricotta cheese or using condensed Milk.
The natural way of making khoya would be as follows. This recipe will make approximately 250 g of mawa, depending upon the thickness of the milk you are using.
- 2 litres full cream milk
- Heat the milk in a solid non - stick pan in low heat , stir continuously make sure that the milk doesn't stick to the bottom
- Let the milk reduce this process make take several minutes, stir continuously with medium low heat.
- Stir until the milk becomes semi solid.
- Then take them out and place them out in usable sizes.
- They can be stored in the freezer and can be defrosted and used later.