Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 400 g or 3 cups flour
- 100 g (3 – 4 oz) margarine
- 130 g (4 – 5 oz) nuts
- 100 g or ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 55 g (2 oz) margarine
- 100 g (2 oz) honey
- 230 g or 1 cup water
- 5 g or ⅛ teaspoon butter
- 5 g salt
- For the filling, roast chopped nuts and combine with sugar.
- To make dough, add warm salted water to sifted flour, mix well, and let stand for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Roll out dough by hand into long tube.
- Divide dough into smaller balls, a little larger then walnut, and let stand for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Roll into small flat rounds 1 – 1.5 mm (⅓ – ½ inch) thick.
- Place a thin layer of filling on the dough and repeat process until 8 – 10 layers high, topping with layer of dough.
- Place on greased pan, brush each stack with beaten egg, make cuts in top layer, and bake in pre-heated oven (220°C – 240°C) for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Pour syrup in top of the cuts and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with honey.