Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves 4
- 1 stalk lemon grass, thinly sliced
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 5 garlic Cloves, chopped
- The grated Zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teasp ground turmeric
- 90ml/3fl.oz. water
- 25g/2oz freshly grated coconut or unsweetened Desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 teasp salt 400g/14oz Lean Pork, cut into 2.5 cm/1-inch cubes
- Place the lemon grass, shallots, garlic, lime zest, turmeric and water in a food processor and process to a paste.
- Transfer the lemon grass paste to a mixing bowl together with the coconut, Sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add the Pork and mix to coat well.
- Cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate for at least an hour at room temperature.
- Preheat the grill to hot.
- Thread the Pork cubes onto skewers and cook for 15–20 minutes, turning frequently and basting with the marinade.
- Serve immediately.Also very good on the barbecue.